What data we collect
As part of you using our website we may collect the following data: –
- Your first name, last name, marital status, title and gender.
- Contact information including your address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
- Financial information including bank details and credit/ debit card information.
- Technical information including your IP address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile information including your username and password.
How and when do we collect your personal information?
The data that we collect is gained when you input information onto our website. Your personal information is transmitted safely using SSL which encrypts all data sent on our website.
You will see the padlock appear in your browser when you go to www.tordoffwines.com. You can double click this padlock to verify that the secure certificate has been issued to our website.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to register you as a new customer
- to process orders, deliver items and process payments
- to communicate with you about updates and offers
- to comply with our financial record keeping obligations
- to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf such as courier companies to deliver the parcel
- We will never give away or sell your private information.
How we store your personal information?
We are committed to keeping the customer information secure.
Information is retained only for as long as necessary including the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
It is then deleted from our system.
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls, anti-virus and data encryption. We only allow those employees to see the data who need to carry out their job responsibilities.
What would we do if data was leaked?
If data was leaked, we would contact the ICO within 72 hours of the leak and inform those whose data has been leaked.
Your legal rights
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information that we hold:
- The right to request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check we are processing it lawfully.
- The right to request correction of the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request erasure of your personal information in some circumstances, where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- The right to object to us processing your personal information. This enables you to object to us processing your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- The right to restrict our processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.